Friday, August 30, 2013

Song Showcase - Still Sane by Carolyn Mas

Here's a pretty recent discovery I made. Carolyn Mas, a singer who had a minor hit in 1979 with this great little number, Still Sane. It's all I've ever heard from her, but I just picked up an album of hers from a thrift store for a buck in spectacular condition, and I really need to get to listening to that given how much this song impressed me. Then again, anything with a saxophone in it is guaranteed to at least grab my attention. Throw in a great chorus, a damn good vocal performance and a tight performance from the rest of the band and you get a solid song.

The song is insanely catchy as well, which works to it's favor. I first heard this song about a week ago late at night right before bed. When I woke up in the morning, I had it in my head for a while afterwards. I'm sort of surprised that this was such a minor hit when it came out, but then again, being a minor hit isn't any statement about it's quality. It's a killer song, even if it was barely noticed.

Also, I'd like to point out that this video is from the singer's Youtube channel, which is really cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment