Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Winner of Eurovision This Year Wasn't Bad

This is an update to my last entry from a few weeks ago about Eurovision where I railed against the contest for producing a lot of shitty music. I still stand by that statement. But to be fair, I didn't pay any more attention to Eurovision after writing that and I just now figured that I might as well see who won.

Eurovision has declared a winner. Only Teardrops by Emmilie De Forest, Denmark's entry. I'm not blown away by it, but it's a pretty decent song.


So yeah, something decent won this year. It's better than that Norwegian guy's awful Fairytale song that won a few years back. That song was the worst piece of music to ever come out of Scandanavia. And that's the region of the world that crapped out ABBA. I'd take Dancing Queen over that garbage any day of the week.

I like how this went from sort of praising Eurovision for this year's winner being decent, into ripping into some fiddle playing jerk's awful song. But seriously, Fairytale can go fuck itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment