Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Entry #3 - Life at the Outpost by The Skatt Brothers

Just watch this video. Do it before you read anything further. Trust me, there's no way I can explain this adequitely unless you've already seen it.



Ride 'em, cowboy.

I don't think I need to hesitate before I say that the video for Life at the Outpost is one of the gayest things I've ever seen in my life. And it is GLORIOUS.


There's nothing I can really say about that, to be honest. It's like the last entry (Anger by Thor) in that way. It speaks for itself. So, I might as well go into what little I know about this band, The Skatt Brothers. Yes, that's really the name of the band.


Some people might remember them from an article on Cracked.com, 5 Great Songs to Immediately Ruin a Party. That's where I first saw it. But the article didn't go into the band aside from the fact that none of the oiled up, musclebound, mustached cowboys in the video were members of The Skatt Brothers, but rather models hired for the video.

There are two members of the band that I actually know anything about. One is Craig Krampf, a prominent session drummer from the seventies and eighties. I'm not sure if he was in the band at that point, though. The other is the band's keyboardist and apparent leader, Sean Delaney, who was an important behind the scenes player during the early days of Kiss as their choreographer, teaching them how to move around on stage in their costumes. He was also apparently romantically involved with the band's manager, Bill Aucoin for about a decade.

As a closing note, what was up with the woman in the video? She seemed pretty out of place there, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment