Saturday, April 20, 2013

Blog update - expanding the blog to other subjects

When I was starting this blog, I wanted to write reviews for not just music, but movies, video games, anime and possibly even comic books, and occasionally articles about popular culture as a whole. I think I'm going to branch out a bit now. I've gotten comfortable with these music video showcases and I enjoy writing them, and besides, they're very quick and easy to do. It honestly takes me about fifteen minutes to an hour at the very most, not counting the time it takes to watch the video.

But I never intended to only do that or for that to even be the focus of it. It's just that those music video reviews were my way of testing the waters, seeing if I enjoy blogging. I want to do some reviews of video games and movies. Something that requires more effort on my part.

I'll still do these music video showcases. As I said, they're quick and easy and I enjoy writing them. But I want to do more. And I will do more.

I actually hope to do some reviews in a video format at some point, but that takes a lot of time and effort to write it, shoot it, edit it and post it, so for now, it'll be text reviews on a blog. Hopefully I'll do something like that over summer vacation. But I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, expect more from this blog soon. I'll probably be changing the name from On the Records to something else due to the change in subject matter. I haven't decided what to call it yet.

But, whatever. Expect more from the blog soon, because there will be more to come. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment